Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Saying HI

Guest Guest

So just found this place,Ive been in the hobby for 20 years.I prefer cichlids,have fish from all 3 lakes.My favorite fish is either Tropheus moorii or Alto calvus,but I got a thing for most all Victorians,being Py nyererei as probaly the most beautiful fish in my opinion.

Welcome to the Zone, thanks for registering. Post some pictures of your fish in your member gallery so we can see them :D

-Dana

I also like the Clavus family of fish, and wish i had one. I have seen people put them in with Haps from lake Malwai, but I have never tried it with mine. Thats not saying I wouldn't like to, I just havn't done it yet. I am thinking of getting one in a smaller tank and growing it out for awhil, and maybe putting it in with my Haps when it is big enough.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and happy posting. We don't have a ton of members here yet, but it is growing slowly, and it can still be a great place to get questions answered.

Peace

Jeff

I like the Altos too. I want to put a pair in a mixed lake tank but I can't decide if I should spend all the money on a adult pair, or buy some fry and wait forever before they get large enough to put in a community tank.

But I've been reading that the calvus is one of the slowest growing cichlids. I'm impatient....but I'm cheap too, and those adults are expensive.