dmorgan

Cichlid compatibility chart

...and that is why it is just general referance. It sure would have been handy to have one of them when I was making my second fish purchase. Experienced fish keepers will stray from the chart a litte bit, but people who are just getting started should pretty much stick to it. It isn't the law, but it is quite handy!

Now that will sure come in handy,

I am still pretty new at the cichlid thing, but maybe now I can save a few more fins and tails before any more problems occur.

Dyno

Oh yea what the heck is a YMMV?

could you use YMMV in a sentance?

If you have any compatability questions, feel free to post them here. Other peoples experiences are always needed when it comes to housing different species of fish together.

jeff

Having problems with the Red Devil

I have this big Red Devil, and I have nothing but problems with him.

I really don't know what to do with him.

He is much bigger than anything else I have, and tank space is a problem.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks

Dyno

I've never kept Red Devils but I've heard they are nasty. What you can keep with it depends entirely on your individual fish's personality and the size of the tank. You can try things like rearranging the tank to curb his aggression (it actually works better with fish who are territoral than just plain out aggressive) but with fish that are just naturally mean theres sometimes not much you can do.