Sign in to follow this  
WAPPAL

sexing my jaguar's

i was told that the females have rounder fins but all the fish w/the rounder fins appear to be males any help?

Guest Nuttie

With Jaguars and Managuense it can be difficult to sex the fish especially when they are small. I sex my Jags and Manas by color not fins. The males seem to have a lot more spots and are generally a little darker with a more streamlined body (flat belly). Males also will sometimes produce a blueish tint on their upper body. The mouth on the male usually is more hooked (with the lower lip pointing a little upwards). The females tend to be more golden with less spots (spaced farther apart) and have a heavier body (rounded belly). I've breed these fish for years and have had pretty good luck sexing them. Hopefully this helps you out.

With Jaguars and Managuense it can be difficult to sex the fish especially when they are small. I sex my Jags and Manas by color not fins. The males seem to have a lot more spots and are generally a little darker with a more streamlined body (flat belly). Males also will sometimes produce a blueish tint on their upper body. The mouth on the male usually is more hooked (with the lower lip pointing a little upwards). The females tend to be more golden with less spots (spaced farther apart) and have a heavier body (rounded belly). I've breed these fish for years and have had pretty good luck sexing them. Hopefully this helps you out.

HI this is akaiss I have a question about my Jag's do the male or female show the aggression and display towards one another more then the the other I was told the female will pick the spot to breed but the ones I have and thought were males seem to be the ones cleaning the rock and displaying.