Sign in to follow this  
Guest Michal

Is my red zebra holding?

Guest Michal

I am new to the whole cichlid world. The pet store sold me a red zebra yesterday and upon further examination here today it seems as if she is holding eggs. It has been digging a ditch in the gravel and spitting them onto the side of the tank. Is that where the fry will be placed? I am uncertain about what to do next. She is in a 10 gal with 1 hongi and a couple of texans. After checking this site I am aware that a 10 gal is too small. Any help would be wonderful!! Thanks

Michal; KY

Guest bambie

I am new to the whole cichlid world. The pet store sold me a red zebra yesterday and upon further examination here today it seems as if she is holding eggs. It has been digging a ditch in the gravel and spitting them onto the side of the tank. Is that where the fry will be placed? I am uncertain about what to do next. She is in a 10 gal with 1 hongi and a couple of texans. After checking this site I am aware that a 10 gal is too small. Any help would be wonderful!! Thanks

Michal; KY

Guest bambie

Michal; KY

i have been breading cichlids 4 about 4 years.i have about 200 bebies rite now.if your female is diging she has no babies the male usually does that part.if she has babies her throught and jaw area will look swollon.she will spit her babies out under a rock in about 2 to 4 weeks.thanks.....