Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cichlidfever

Aggressive Community Tank

Guest Cichlidfever

I would like to try a 300 gallon tank very well landscaped. I am thinking of trying of raising only 1 of each species. Tank will consist of Grammodes, Carpintes, Salvini, Convict, Red Jewel, Neetroplus Nematopus, Nicaraguense, 5 spot Jewel, and Bumble Bee Catfish. I am looking for a lot of color, activity, and aggression, but just enough aggression to have a lot of activity in the tank, but not too mush that they will kill each other. I am thinking that I may can get away with it because of the space. What do you think? Should I add something else or take away something? Or both?

Guest kilcron

I would like to try a 300 gallon tank very well landscaped. I am thinking of trying of raising only 1 of each species. Tank will consist of Grammodes, Carpintes, Salvini, Convict, Red Jewel, Neetroplus Nematopus, Nicaraguense, 5 spot Jewel, and Bumble Bee Catfish. I am looking for a lot of color, activity, and aggression, but just enough aggression to have a lot of activity in the tank, but not too mush that they will kill each other. I am thinking that I may can get away with it because of the space. What do you think? Should I add something else or take away something? Or both?

Guest kilcroney
:unsure: I heard that in a community tank you should have no pairs. Mating activity promotes aggression male of different species. African cichlids are known for being able to live together in a community tank. 300 gallon sounds expensive! I have a 125 gal. and I heard I can stock that up to 25-30 fish. Also adding multiple fish at the same time is better for them to acclimate.