Sign in to follow this  
FishLids

HELLO

We just joined the group and started an African Tank......29 gallon with 18 fry's.....

about 2 months old.......started out with 22.....the guy we buy our fish from said in a 29 gallon you should keep 50 to 60 chichlids in there......sounds like way to many to some people i tell........Fishman says by keeping them together like that will make them less aggresive and fight each other.. sound right???.......nice to meet you all....

Rico&Sonny

If you are talking about 50 to 60 fry in there just until they grow big enough for a community aquraim sounds right. but if you are talkin about 50 to 60 adult fish in a 29 gallon tank that is way overdoing it. it is good to overstock to keep aggresion down but thats like 15 to 20 adult fish for a 29 gallon tank. if that many fish in a 29 gallon tank works and they are all healthy thats great and just keep doin what you are doin. I have a 30 gal aquarium(getting 50) and i have only nine adult fish and it is pretty full. if what you said works for great and what kind of filter system do you have for all thoae fish?

HEY MATT.....THANX FOR THE REPLY.....I HAVE JUST AN AQUA TECH FILTER....

ONCE THEY START TO GET BIGGER..I'LL MOVE SOME OF THE FISH TO A BIGGER

TANK......THE FISHMAN HAD A 75 GALLON TANK JAM PACKED FULL OF FISH....

WHEN HE FEED THEM THEY WERE JUMPING OUT THE WATER....WHEN I SEEN THAT!

I WAS HOOKED BABY!!! HE HAD A HUGE TUPPERWARE BIN THAT HE PUT TOGETHER FOR A FILTER THAT HE KEEPS INSIDE THE STAND.......ITS A PRETTY KOOL SETUP........

i have 15 jaguar cichlids in a 55 hex front and there 2yrs old and have spawned 2 times they grew up together and i never had aggression problems and they are an extremely aggresive breed i use lots of decorative slate and provide many hidy holes as for filtration a magnum 350 cannister filter a powerhead for surface agitation