Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jase

Mix of psuedotropheus lombardoi and labidochromis

Guest Jase

I have a labidochromis (female) and a kenyii cichlid (male) they mated and had fry. What should i do?

leave the babies in the tank so that they get eaten. It is undesirable (amongst many hobbiests) for these types of fish to be let on to the market.

What I don't understand is how a yellow kenyi male could get yellow female lab mixed up with a blue femal kenyi...

I guess it happens all the time though.

Guest jase

the thing is the kenyii that fertilized the eggs is blue not yellow like i have seen on other websites. thats what i thought was weird.Изображениеthis is what the baby looks like.

If there is no member of the opposite sex of their own species in the tank, nearly all mbuna and many other fish will try to mate with whatever other compatable (and sometimes incompatable) species is in the tank. They will continue to breed until you seperate them or introduce more fish.

Oh, and to add, Yellow Labs are yellow from birth. The color brightens as they age but they come out of the mouth yellow looking like little mini Labs.

Are you absolutely sure you have a Kenyi? I think its something else.

Sorry it took soo long for me to get back to you guys, i kinda forgot i posted this. But the father isnt a kenyi but is some sort of zebra and the mom is a yellow lab. But now the zebra mated with my red zebra and im anxious to see what comes out, even though they are going to be hybrids.