Sign in to follow this  
Guest TexCajun

Can you name this fish?

Guest TexCajun

Hello everyone!

I have two fish that someone gave me, and am having trouble finding out what they are. I'm pretty sure it is a chicilid..but have no ideal what kind. When they were given to me, one was just a bit larger then the other one. Smallest one was about a inch long. grayish in color with a stripe from nose to tail. The bigger is now about 3 inches and seems almost black in color but at times, it looks grayish like the smaller one.

Here are about 10 pictures of them in my tank..the the 2nd and 3rd picture is of the smaller one. And the rest of them are of the 3 in. one. They have not been aggressive, so far. I do have a lemon lab that will chase this fish away from its cave and the lab is about the same length.

Any help would be appreciated :rolleyes:

My fish

Thanks

TexCajun

Can you just post the pics in the forum? I am having a hard time finding them. But it sounds like they might be from the melanichromis genus? :rolleyes:

I would say that they are convicts but the stripe goes from the nose to the tail. If they look kinda like the grey fish in this pic then they are probably melanichromis genus.

post-5-1077141507_thumb.jpg

Guest clueless

looks like a teradactyl rexasaurus convictious plumerous flower clown