Sign in to follow this  
Simplyenvy

Parrot and Red Devil Had Babaies ????

Its not uncommon for parrots (assuming they are blood parrots) to breed with other fish in the tank, especially since they cannot breed with themselves. Female bps can spawn with a whole variety of other cichlids.

As for what to do....are you keeping them or planning on destroying them?

If you are going to keep them, than feel free. Any plans to give them away or sell them to a local fish store should be canned right now. If you don't want to keep them just flush them down a toilet. It is never a good situation when someone goes to the lfs to buy a "new" discovery in nature only to find out later that they got some crappy cross breed.

when I bought the parrot fish the store said it was a jelly bean parrot fish. and for the the cross breed thing isn't that how they cam up with the parrot fish to begian with I plain on keeping them and leeting them breed but I don't know what to do or to exspect i'm on batch two now And I haven't got a clue

Jellybean parrots are a cross between blood parrots and convict cichlids. Jellybeans can breed with themselves and with other cichlids. Most of the ones in stores are artifically dyed through acid dips or ink injections.

You still haven't answered if you plan on keeping the fry to raise or not? I'd just let them stay in the tank, if they make it, they make it. If they are eaten...well...no harm there. They're really isn't anything you can do with the fry unless you have enough room to accomodate all the fry through adulthood. Trust me, pet stores don't want a red devil x jellybean parrot hybrid.