mrbeamers

Water Changes

How often do you do Water changes?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you do Water changes?

• 1 a day
    • 1 every 3 days
    • 1 a week
    • 1 every 2 weeks
    • 1 a month

Usually 25-30% weekly on the cycled tanks. My tanks are pretty well balanced right now, nothings really over or under stocked.

Anything that is uncycled (my betta tanks) gets one 100% change with complete clean out a week with a 20%-50% change in the middle of the week.

It depends on what I'm feeding though. Sometimes if I feed a lot of messy foods I'll do a little mid week gravel vac just to catch what the fish miss before it starts to foul the water.

I gavel vac once every two weeks. do a 10 gal change then (55 gal tank) on opposite weeks I do about a 6 or 7 just water change.

I marked once a week becasue that is when i usually do my 50-25% water changes. but throughout the week i usualy suck up junk from on top of the sand in my tank. this results in a very small water change. about 2 gallons is takn out of my tank(55gal). this results in about 4 water changes a week(3 about 2 gal, other one 50-25%). is that too much water changed constantly? please tell me what u think.

MAtt

i do once a week on all my tanks and a vac at the same time thank GOD for pythons lol :)

150g - 75%

65 - 50%

55 - 50%

my salt tanks i do

10hex - 20%

2.5 - 50%

thanks for the response, Matt sounds good, I need to do more small daily changes to get the stuff off the bottom, just don't have the time

I only change my 29 gal. once a month (15%) and filter clean every 2 and i change my 75 galonce every 2 months (15%) and filter clean every 4 months and my water is healthy.

I only change my 29 gal. once a month (15%) and filter clean every 2 and i change my 75 galonce every 2 months (15%) and filter clean every 4 months and my water is healthy.

1152[/snapback]

u might have healthy water but this sounds like a horrible schedual to me.... on the other hand i have 2 reef tanks so mabe that is why i change the water so often in my cichlid tank.

MAtt

Agreed, I'm not sure what "healthy" water encompasses but that sounds like a pretty frightening schedule to me. I don't have any saltwater tanks but I do overstock my tanks and often do extra changes to account for it. I have an overstocked 10g with four Mollies and fry and I do 50% bi-weekly changes to keep up with it.

i think thats why my water changes are in-frequent because my tanks arent overstocked. my 29 has a dempsey and two pink convict with fry, and my 75 is a reef tank with eight cichlids and 12 assorted tetras

A 29g with a JD and two Convicts is pretty overstocked. An 8" fish is a bit much to have cramed in that size tank.

And how do you have a reef tank with Cichlids? The only thing I could possibly think of is that you keep Etroplus maculatus but even that seems really far fetched.

Guest Guest

I'm sorry but i dont know what etroplus blah blah blah is can you please elaborate.

It's was originally a reef tank but i converted it to fresh water, also i moved the jd a couple of days ago to my 75 gal. and calmed my zebra down. H e was terrorizing everyone. but everything is gravy now.

I do a weekly 20% water change. Matt, you sound like you do it a bit too often, and sick-lids you don't do it enough.