Sign in to follow this  
Matt

mixing fish

This should be ok if you introduce them at night when they are sleeping and don't turn the light on till morning. It is sort of a gamble but once they are together they are fine as long as they are similar in size.

Dana

Guest cardak

You can add them but not a good idea. If you do successfully add them in, the Compressassips, will be uncomfortable. They are a bit more relaxed and are not competative for food like most malawi cichlids are. For the most part u should keep the Compressips with other Tangs.

Dave

That isn't quite true. The fish you want to add it with for the most part are mbuna. If you put them in with a menlochromis or pseudotropheus they will come up dead. No more compressiceps. Now if you wanted to put them in with some peacocks and some haps then there shouldn't really be a problem with aggressiveness. You could also throw some Fronts in there if you like...not a problem. Just DON'T do it with mbuna...

Guest Slandry

Before introducing I would reaarange the tank to in order to remove areas that they have previously established territorial dominace over, also introduce them at night wen the lights are off, and make sure those already preoccupying the tank are well fed.

I have a white comp. in with my peacocks... they get along fine... I also have a beautiful hap with them.... and a blue dolphin ( the blue dolphin is becomming a little to agressive ) may have to move him.

Before introducing I would reaarange the tank to in order to remove areas that they have previously established territorial dominace over, also introduce them at night wen the lights are off, and make sure those already preoccupying the tank are well fed.

This very similar to the way i do it.I re-arrange the entire tank decor but I would keep the lights off for the new day they are together.