Sign in to follow this  
dmorgan

German Red Peacock

I would consider that a normal retail price at the lfs although I have seen them cheaper, how long is it?

You might be able to get them cheaper online but you won't get the help and support that your lfs can offer.

Dana

Its about 4 inches long. Curious about how long it lives for? Also, I'm not too sure what other fish to add. I had some tetra's, but the Red began to eat them, so I took them out. I only have a Melanochromis Auratus beside the RED, what other types of fish do you recommend me getting? I have a 26 gallon tank.

i heard most cichlids live for over 10 years if we take care of em. there are different colored peacocks that you might like. stuartgranti i think is one, bi-color 500...maye make a peacock tank? only thing with that is they might cross-breed....thats ok as long as you don't sell babies or give babies to lfs/other people. my gf has a 29, with 10 small size cichlids, but i'm sure there will be casualties as they grow up. she has a pretty nice setup with tons of hidingplaces via plants/caves and also overfilters also (2 whisper 40's). i'd stay away from a hyper aggressive mbuna like chipokae or demasoni because its only 26 gallons. i love my pseudotroph polit tho, and he doesn't get huge for a mbuna so i think you might be able to get away with him too. males turn from dark blue to snow white. i love my snowflake. average in size in my 55gallon, he's ranks as #2 fish king.

OMG! I have 3 of those, I was told they were Baenscheis Red. The pic there ya have posted at the very beginning of this thread/post is exactly whay my 3 boys look like! :huh:

Take a look again at the pics of my 29 gallon tank of Rome.

(Does anyone ever post on here? or at least respnd to posts anymore? <_< )

Here is the link to my fish again.....Take a look.......

My Fish................what the heck are these?

Did the fish store goof up on the breed of fish I have. :o

I spent less than $40 on each one. B)

I am here in Colorado.....where is everyone mostly posting from? :)

xoxo

Astarte66

aka

Octavia Love :P

I saw your tank the other day on a different post and was curious where you found all the roman colums. I have a similiar theme but couldn't find more than one type of pillar.

In response to your question on the fish... I am not expert and there may be similar fish out there however, I could not find any info on the fish name you provided. So I'm guessing they are German reds, and good ones at that.

Hope this helps. :)

And yes people do still post here, the forum actually just started. <_<:rolleyes:

Wow cool man. Glad to know its a new forum. So um, the Roman Pilars.....

Well, I bought them at Pet Smart of all places, sometimes Petco carries them also.

If ya can not find them, let me know I will be happy to look for them here and send them to you. The large one was not cheap though. I think it ran me about $40 then the little ones, 4 in all were about $8-$12 a peice. :huh:

Maybe. Anyhow I can take a look and see whats up with the decorations for ya if you have no luck I mean.

Have you looked on e-bay at all for fish tank decorations? Maybe there are some there?

Wednesday I pick up the discus fish. Will take pics and post them real soon here.

xoxo

Astarte66

Octavia Love