Sign in to follow this  
WryBub

New Here

Hi All

I'm new and I currently have a 140L upright tank with 10 chiclids (including the below picture of a electric blue hap) plus 2 clown loaches and 5 bristlenose catfish (algae eaters).

I am waiting to get a decent shot of my tank to post but in the mean time here are a photo I found of one of my fish. Mine are currently juvenilles and dont have their full colours as yet.

;)

post-5-1092742015_thumb.jpg

Is that pic of you actual fish, or just one you found on the internet...If that one is yours he is wonderfully colored up, and I hope that mine do that when I get them.

What are the other kind of cichlids that you have? Are they all haps and peacocks or mixed? Lets get some more info flowing around here!

Jeff

unfortunaltey not mine, i wish! mine are all juveniles so are grey instead.

i have 2 yellow labs, 2 blue haps, 2 albino zebras, 2 clown loaches, 5 bristlenoses 2 blue johanni, and 2 little stripey ones i cant remember the name of at the moment.

they are in a 140L double height tank and all get along with each other well.

in a seperate tank i have a purple white and red betta named ruby..

what about you?

Sounds like you have a nice combo...the electric blue hap may have a rough time with the rest of the cichilds because they are all mbuna which are more aggressive than haps...

I am currently mapping out my tank. I am going to pick it up here in the next week or so. 70G long with all haps, peacocks, compressiceps (Tang) and cats...

I will post it on the site when I get it up and running.

sounds great.. the haps seem to be more shy than the rest but they are just as competative and i try to have heaps of hidey holes for them to get away. since i added the albino zeberas there seems to be a couple of bites missing for the labs tails so that means more rocks, but generally they are not too agressive and they all get enough food etc.

once i get a nice photo of the tank i will load it up also

You may not need to add more rocks...just rearrange the ones you have! That might just do the trick. The pecking order and new territories will be hashed out in a couple of days...