sqwacker

Cross Breeding

I have an adult male Gold Midas-(Red Devil) and a female Blood parrot that are displaying multiple signs of breeding. Including midas defending what I believe to be nesting sight. (hollow log closed at 1 end cave like. Parrot comes out briefly at night to feed never straying more than a couple of inches from log. Anyone know if inter-breeding of these two are possible?

It wouldn't suprise me even though I have no experience with either fish. I guess I will find out in a few weeks...It is also possible that the midas has the blood parrot cornered in there and just isn't letting her out because he wants to own the tank. But I don't know if they display that kind of behavior.

Thanks, But he is aggressive with any fish that enters the area, when Parrot does come out he might gently nudge it but no outward signs of aggression, Ya I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks for sure.

Guest Guest

Thanks, But he is aggressive with any fish that enters the area, when Parrot does come out he might gently nudge it but no outward signs of aggression, Ya I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks for sure.

639[/snapback]

Actually they can breed.. if they have viable frye you get what is called a king kong cichlid. :)