Sign in to follow this  
gello99

Another Favorite Fish

hello. my name is angelo. i have a 55g assorted cichlid tank. my favorite fish is my pseudotropheus polit. however, i'll post a picture of the king of my tank, my red top pseudotropheus (polit is 2nd in command). how do you like the death stare this guy is giving ;)

post-5-1075390407_thumb.jpg

looks nice. can you post a pic of the whole tank so i can see your setup? Also can you name all your fish, with maybe a couple recommondations? im just starting mine and need some help in picking the correct fish for my setup.

hey dmorgan.

i'm not at my comp today, but i'll put this link for a shot of my tank at another site (pic is months old).

http://www.cichlidforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=4310

i'm overfiltering with aquaclear 500 + whisper 60 + azoo powerhead with 300gph (not showin in picture). i need to clean my tank then post a new picture with my new taller side towers :) I have a pseudotroph polit 4", pseudotroph(i think) "orange top" 5", maleri peacock 4", lamprologus multifasciatus (my 2" warrior), neolamprologus tretocephalus 3", neolamprologus lelupei 3.5", jewel cichlid 3.5", some cichasoma 4", altolamprologus compressiceps 3" (orange), hap moori, plus a couple others. its a little crowded, but its been socially balanced and haven't had a casualty in 6 months...plus there are a bunch of rooms in the towers that they all use to swin thru, hide, or just rest at night. I'm itching to add an altolamprologus calvus, but i think the chemistry of the tank will get all whack and the calvus is pretty chill (won't get enough food).

I feed twice daily with mixture of pellets, spirulina flakes. once a month or every two months i feed live fish (not recommended). i'll feed frozen food 1x or 2x a week. i'll feed live brine shrimp every 2 weeks. i'm working on feeding veggies.

Nice, I really like the idea of a lego theme. I actually have the same background as you, and decided to go with an atlantas theme. I haven't finished it yet but I will show you some pics when I'm finished. Its actually hard for me to find roman materials that have hiding spots for the fish. Today I bought two more fish. A cloan roach and a protomelas steveni taiwan

cool. i want to see atlantis. i'm wishing you good luck. I'm thinking of using sculpey clay (one you bake) to make my very own castle. thats gonna take me forever but i'll post pics as i'm doing it. i gotta check the lead content too.

i wanted to get a couple clown loaches or catfish, but i don't want to mess up the chemistry of my tank. i would hate to lose any of my fish

Woke up this morning and the cloan loache is gone. No parts of him anywhere. He was pretty big, and I'm surprised they ate him. I'm not sure which one did, but i lean towards my German Red.

Good luck with the pot your making.

The lego theme is a pretty good idea i might try it, but now i am sticking with the natural look with rocks. Thanks for the great idea

sorry to hear about the clown loach. i just added a couple of catfish, and i hope they make it ok.

i was thinking about putting a rock cave in one corner of my tank. i'm kinda scared it would break the glass. is there some weight limit?