Sign in to follow this  
Mrbigfish

saying hi

HI, finished cycling my tank and added fish.30 gal tank, 2 black convicts, 2 dempseys, 2 turquoise servenums, and an oscar (I love those fish).I have had reasonable luck with 2 year old community tank and wanted to move up to the big boys that I really like. I know this many fish will soon overcrowd the tank and I will soon be cycling a 55 gal. I have 2 questions what's a good PH and will fish dig up artificial plants?

These fish will definatly dig up your fake plants. They will dig them all up. Good Luck, and hurry up with the tank upgrade.

haven't quite figured out how to navigate the site yet.Thanks Richardsville.Picked up some large rainbow rocks today and some floation plastic plants to try to give fish there own space.may email you this w/e.Am trying to figure out how I can hide 55 gal from my wife, she thinks I'm crazy,little does she know!

You might want to get a larger tank than a 55g, you have some big fish in there. Besides, 55gs look about the same size as larger tanks, just tell the wife its a 55g.

ph level on your s. american cichlids should be about 7.6 water temp between75-82 farenheit good luck