Blair

Hi All

I was looking through your gallery and your fish are beautiful, and you take such great pictures of them!

Do you have any information about your Champsochromis caeruleus? I've never heard of it (not that thats saying much) and I'd love to know more about it.

Hi Snatched,

Thanks so much for the kind words!

The Champsochromis caeruleus is often called the Malawi Trout or the Trout Cichlid. They are a large open water predator in the lake. They can reach sizes in excess of 12 inches. Don't get one unless you have at least a 150 to put him in as they need lots of swimming space. If you do have enough room for one they are one of my favorite fish. They are very active, always swimming, never still.

Ah, so thats why I don't know what it is! What can you keep it housed with?

You have so many nice fish, how many tanks do you have?

You can keep him with other large Haps. Gladly they aren't very aggressive to other species unless they are very small (You should see him go after feeder gold fish).

:unsure::D:unsure: At this time I have 9 tanks from 55 gallons to 150 gallons. 7 of those are up and running. I also have a 10 and a 20 as hospital tanks.

I have really gotten into this hobby, in fact my wife keeps reminding me that there is a very fine line between hobby and obssesion :blink::lol:

I'll have to remember that. One day I'll get a big tank....one day. Everytime I post on some sort of aquatic website I get tank envy.

Do you keep anything other than cichlids?

I have an 18" clown knife and I also have one of my tanks set up as a comunity tank.

Here is a pic of my 150

post-5-1085539359_thumb.jpg

Wow, I'm jealous. I don't even know if my floor could handle a 150g tank. I really like your stand for the 150g too, its the type I want to get for my 55.

Where did you get your rock from? I can't find any at lfs and its going to cost me a fortune to buy and ship it all in. I don't know how to justify spending $250 on rocks for a fishtank to my boyfriend. I thought his eyes were going to pop out of his head when I told him how much the fish were going to cost.

I live in San Antonio, TX. Texas Holey Rock as they call it is Texas limestone and is everywhere. I didn't buy even one of those pieces. I picked them up on a friend's land outside of town.