Tropheus and julidochromis

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_Siclids1st_*

Guest_Guest_Siclids1st_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2004 - 10:05 PM

I have 11 tropheus duboisis,6 caudopuntatus red fin,1 albino bristlenose pleco and a pair of yellow calvus, all in a 55, all are juvies.I also have 6 julies ornatus in a 20 long that are juvies.Now soon I will move the calvus,due to different eating reqiurements, to a new tank(45) with some Red peacocks w/ german blood,so to feed a meatyer deit.Figuring on leaving the redfins w/ tropheus as they seem to thrive on the spiralina that is the main food of the tropheus.To the question can I but the julies with the tropheus,doesnt seem like i could as they eat different foods,yes i know the red fins eat different also,but the are doing excellent on the spiralina(just bred).My julies dont really go after the spiralina, they like frozen foods,pellets and brine flakes.So what do you think, anyone please give your opinion.Thanks :P

#2 snatched

snatched

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 12:18 AM

It seems like the Julis would do much better in a tank with the calvus and peacocks.

I know I've seen somewhere, maybe cichlid recipe?, that Julis can go with Tropheus but it doesn't makes sense to me considering the difference in diet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users