2 replies to this topic

#1 WAPPAL

WAPPAL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:FISH VIDEO GAMES AND FISH

Posted 03 March 2004 - 02:17 PM

i was told that the females have rounder fins but all the fish w/the rounder fins appear to be males any help?

#2 Guest_Nuttie_*

Guest_Nuttie_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2004 - 01:07 PM

With Jaguars and Managuense it can be difficult to sex the fish especially when they are small. I sex my Jags and Manas by color not fins. The males seem to have a lot more spots and are generally a little darker with a more streamlined body (flat belly). Males also will sometimes produce a blueish tint on their upper body. The mouth on the male usually is more hooked (with the lower lip pointing a little upwards). The females tend to be more golden with less spots (spaced farther apart) and have a heavier body (rounded belly). I've breed these fish for years and have had pretty good luck sexing them. Hopefully this helps you out.

#3 akaiss

akaiss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:58 PM

With Jaguars and Managuense it can be difficult to sex the fish especially when they are small. I sex my Jags and Manas by color not fins. The males seem to have a lot more spots and are generally a little darker with a more streamlined body (flat belly). Males also will sometimes produce a blueish tint on their upper body. The mouth on the male usually is more hooked (with the lower lip pointing a little upwards). The females tend to be more golden with less spots (spaced farther apart) and have a heavier body (rounded belly). I've breed these fish for years and have had pretty good luck sexing them. Hopefully this helps you out.

HI this is akaiss I have a question about my Jag's do the male or female show the aggression and display towards one another more then the the other I was told the female will pick the spot to breed but the ones I have and thought were males seem to be the ones cleaning the rock and displaying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users