Tank Mates required

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Vern_*

Guest_Vern_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:03 AM

I've just discovered the beauty of cichlids and want to add some to my 100 ltr tank and I'm wondering what species of cichlid would offer best value in terms of colour, activity and compatability with future tank-dwellers.

Currently I've got a rock and wood display on sand base, no plants, plenty of caves and hiding places to cater for cichlids. Current inhabitants are 1 pleco, 1 Sydontis cat, 2 Clown Loach and 6 Cory's. Now all I need is assistance in helping me find a suitable cichlid species to act as the main draw in the tank and which are also compatable with the tanks current occupiers.

Research appears to suggest either a west African or South American breed, although the first appear to be too aggressive to house with the tanks inhabitants. If I am to go with American, should I keep the tank as predominantly sand and rock display, is there any need for plants, also how many cichlids could I possibly house in a tank the size of mine and with its current inhabitants?

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

#2 Josh

Josh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:58 PM

if you want americians you dont need plants but they look nice and you could put probably 15 depending on size
RED DEVILS are a good draw

#3 Josh

Josh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:00 PM

most americians will do good with synondotis and pleco notthe cory though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users