Photo

Melanochromis johannii ( Electric Blue Johannii )

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mary

Mary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 12:52 PM

Hi my Johannii has lost his fin that is on the very back of his body I think it is called anel fin. No sign of sickness, no fuzzy stuff no sores. Will it grow back? I have a lot of fish in my tank 2 johannii's 2 electric yellow, a jack dempsy, 2 red zebras, a jewl, 2 alage fish, 2 venustus nimbochromis, and a bunch of convicts, i had babies. I have a 55 gallon tank with 2 filters on the back, 1 canister filter, 1 thing to kill bacteria with a blue light and another thing that removes waste from water.

Mary Troisi

#2 Guest_Sherry_*

Guest_Sherry_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:06 AM

Hi my Johannii has lost his fin that is on the very back of his body I think it is called anel fin. No sign of sickness, no fuzzy stuff no sores. Will it grow back? I have a lot of fish in my tank 2 johannii's 2 electric yellow, a jack dempsy, 2 red zebras, a jewl, 2 alage fish, 2 venustus nimbochromis, and a bunch of convicts, i had babies. I have a 55 gallon tank with 2 filters on the back, 1 canister filter, 1 thing to kill bacteria with a blue light and another thing that removes waste from water.

Mary Troisi

Hi Mary,

My Rusty has no tail fin either. I suspect your Jack Dempsey is the cause of the injury. They are very,very aggressive.
My fish is in the hospital tank and still hanging in there. You might want to remove it to a separate tank and then make sure you have some stresszyme. I am still waiting to find out if the fin will grow back.

#3 Mary

Mary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:07 AM

Hi Mary,

My Rusty has no tail fin either. I suspect your Jack Dempsey is the cause of the injury. They are very,very aggressive.
My fish is in the hospital tank and still hanging in there. You might want to remove it to a separate tank and then make sure you have some stresszyme. I am still waiting to find out if the fin will grow back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users