Aggressive Community Tank

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Cichlidfever_*

Guest_Cichlidfever_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:28 PM

I would like to try a 300 gallon tank very well landscaped. I am thinking of trying of raising only 1 of each species. Tank will consist of Grammodes, Carpintes, Salvini, Convict, Red Jewel, Neetroplus Nematopus, Nicaraguense, 5 spot Jewel, and Bumble Bee Catfish. I am looking for a lot of color, activity, and aggression, but just enough aggression to have a lot of activity in the tank, but not too mush that they will kill each other. I am thinking that I may can get away with it because of the space. What do you think? Should I add something else or take away something? Or both?

#2 Guest_kilcron_*

Guest_kilcron_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:17 AM

I would like to try a 300 gallon tank very well landscaped. I am thinking of trying of raising only 1 of each species. Tank will consist of Grammodes, Carpintes, Salvini, Convict, Red Jewel, Neetroplus Nematopus, Nicaraguense, 5 spot Jewel, and Bumble Bee Catfish. I am looking for a lot of color, activity, and aggression, but just enough aggression to have a lot of activity in the tank, but not too mush that they will kill each other. I am thinking that I may can get away with it because of the space. What do you think? Should I add something else or take away something? Or both?

#3 Guest_kilcroney_*

Guest_kilcroney_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:28 AM

:unsure: I heard that in a community tank you should have no pairs. Mating activity promotes aggression male of different species. African cichlids are known for being able to live together in a community tank. 300 gallon sounds expensive! I have a 125 gal. and I heard I can stock that up to 25-30 fish. Also adding multiple fish at the same time is better for them to acclimate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users