• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cichlid guy

cichlid guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 12:50 AM

I have a 55g tank with a green terror male,convict male, small jack dempsy male, female jack, a brazillian female, a salvani male, firemouth male, and a red jewel female. they are all under 5 inches. i added a 3 inch fire mouth and it nearly got killed. i am in the works of setting up a 125g will that help?

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:46 PM

I have a 55g tank with a green terror male,convict male, small jack dempsy male, female jack, a brazillian female, a salvani male, firemouth male, and a red jewel female. they are all under 5 inches. i added a 3 inch fire mouth and it nearly got killed. i am in the works of setting up a 125g will that help?

Your Jack Dempsy is going to get pretty big and they are pretty aggresive, your red jewel is a non aggresive fish and should be seperated. Jack is going to get bigger faster than the firemouth and may eventually kill the firemouth, it depends on how aggressive Jack gets. The Jack Dempsy's are really neat to watch when the y mate , the female will eat her young and the male is the care taker of the babies. He guards them and will put food in his mouth and spit it back out for the babies to eat and he will be pretty aggresive towards all other fish that come near.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users