• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jose

Jose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 07:46 PM

i was wondering if you can place cichlids with my old fish wich is a goldfish only one in a 55 gallon tank

#2 Jose

Jose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 12:18 PM

anyone please help

#3 Tarheel 4 Life

Tarheel 4 Life

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 11:16 AM

Gold fish are not Tropical , I wouldn't . Cichlid are a good bit meaner than the Gold fish too .

Attached Files

#4 Guest_Harold_*

Guest_Harold_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:58 AM

i was wondering if you can place cichlids with my old fish wich is a goldfish only one in a 55 gallon tank

#5 Guest_Jamie_*

Guest_Jamie_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:53 PM

goldfish may live for a while in there before the cichlids take him out or he eventually dies from the heat/ph levels, etc. Also, since goldfish are real messy and create great amounts of ammonia, I wouldn't suggest mixing with cichlids-you may just kill some of them too.

#6 Guest_Lora_*

Guest_Lora_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:34 PM

Chilids are agressive fish so it all depends which lake you are buying them from. I have two blood parrots and to chilids, angels, tetra, scissor tails, they all seem to do find. If the fish you add are not fast enough and can hold their own then I would not put into the tank. You also have to remember to keep your lakes together when buying them. So of the fish need PH to be added and some dont which can be just as bad as having a salt water tank which I have had in the past and it is very time comsuming. Do your research online to make sure what you are buying and what will make a healthy tank.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users