• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BamaMan84

BamaMan84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 06:45 PM

I am new to this site and I read a post by somebody whose new Jack Dempsey would not eat. Mine is also refusing to eat and I have had him for about two weeks. When I first introduced him into the tank there were 8 neon tetras already inhabbiting it which I used to start the tank. He readily ate them within the first two days but now he refuses to eat the expensive pellets that I bought for him and he has gone without food for about 11 days. I have had experience with using feeder fish with my last fish which were pirhanas and I do not want to go that route again as it is expensive and time consuming. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions as to how I could get my Dempsey to start eating because although he wasn't very expensive I just don't want to let him die. I am going to do a partial water change tonight to lower the amonia levels and see if that helps. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

#2 cichlid guy

cichlid guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 12:41 AM

One thing that might be helpful is to use just regular flake food. a lot of the time cichlids won't eat pellets because the are to shy to come to the top. flake food will sink and float around the tank and catch his attention try that and let me now

#3 leben22

leben22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:23 PM

My JD wont eat pellets or flake food either, but i have had luck with frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users