• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Roger

Roger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:35 PM

I've got an albino oscar (gill) in a 55 gal tank. He is about 7in +/-. ph is about 7.4 and nitrites are 0 ppm.
Looks like he's getting hole in the head. Got a little cluster of pin size holes between his eyes. Anything I can do?
Rog

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:59 PM

I've got an albino oscar (gill) in a 55 gal tank. He is about 7in +/-. ph is about 7.4 and nitrites are 0 ppm.
Looks like he's getting hole in the head. Got a little cluster of pin size holes between his eyes. Anything I can do?
Rog

Everythign I have heard says this is due to not enough water changes, I would get on that and hopefully it won't get any worse.

Dana

#3 Pablo!

Pablo!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:19 PM

I had an issue with this many years ago, and water wasn't the problem after LOTS of testing (and testing and guidance from a Cichlid expert that had his own exotic store). What we came up with was all of the electrical equipment (ie...powerheads, heater, etc) that was inside of the aquarium were causing something to happen within the water because of a grounding issue WITH those parts. They sell grounding kits at pet stores as well. You do understand that 'Hole in the head' is irreversible, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users