need help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_patricia_*

Guest_patricia_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2005 - 03:07 PM

I have a male regal peacock that I bought at the pet store, and I have a female peacock that is a little larger than the male, I have them in a 10 gallon freshwater tank, the male lost his color immediatley, and i have been having them for about 2 months and he has not regained his color, he was colored in the store, i am feeding them color enhancing foods, and doing water changes like i am suppossed to , i am not sure what else i can do, i would like to start the 10 gallon tank with just peacocks but it will look bad if the fish don't keep their color, can anyone help me. I am still pretty new at this and any information you can give me would really help, thanks a lot, i am going to try a piece of cucumber in the tank today and see how that works, i have also been feeding them frozen beef hearts.

please any information will be appreciated, thank you..

patricia..
pepsiann_2000@cox.net

#2 Guest_stelow_*

Guest_stelow_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2006 - 10:28 PM

I have a male regal peacock that I bought at the pet store, and I have a female peacock that is a little larger than the male, I have them in a 10 gallon freshwater tank, the male lost his color immediatley, and i have been having them for about 2 months and he has not regained his color, he was colored in the store, i am feeding them color enhancing foods, and doing water changes like i am suppossed to , i am not sure what else i can do, i would like to start the 10 gallon tank with just peacocks but it will look bad if the fish don't keep their color, can anyone help me. I am still pretty new at this and any information you can give me would really help, thanks a lot, i am going to try a piece of cucumber in the tank today and see how that works, i have also been feeding them frozen beef hearts.

please any information will be appreciated, thank you..

patricia..
pepsiann_2000@cox.net

A 10 gallon tank is to small to keep these cichlids.

#3 dtoguin

dtoguin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:18 AM

The reason you Male lost his color is probably because your tank is to small. Peacocks need a larger tank to keep their color.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users