new tanganyika tank

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Sethro_*

Guest_Sethro_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2005 - 04:54 PM

Have just set up a 90 gallon mixed species tanganyikan tank. The tank is full of caves and I maintain a high ph. I've got 9 tropheus moori, 3 eretmodus cyanosticus, 4 julio dickfeldi, 3 neolamprologus leupi, 3 lamprologus brevis, and one neolamprologus cylindricus. The fish are all about half grown and seem to get along pretty well. How many fish can a tank this size hold? Also at what size do tropheus start to breed? Any help would be appreciated as this is my first tanganyikan tank. Help.

#2 damwild

damwild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:57 PM

Have just set up a 90 gallon mixed species tanganyikan tank. The tank is full of caves and I maintain a high ph. I've got 9 tropheus moori, 3 eretmodus cyanosticus, 4 julio dickfeldi, 3 neolamprologus leupi, 3 lamprologus brevis, and one neolamprologus cylindricus. The fish are all about half grown and seem to get along pretty well. How many fish can a tank this size hold? Also at what size do tropheus start to breed? Any help would be appreciated as this is my first tanganyikan tank. Help.

I would not mix the tropheus because they are very prone to bloat.They have a delicate diet that should consist of algea and vegies.The rest are cool to mix and you can add about 20 to 25 fishes in that size tank.The way to do it is to have some shell dwellers that stay at the bottom of the tank and the rest will occupied the rest.I would also throw in some synodontis petricolas and bushy nose plecos too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users