MY FAVORUTE FISH

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Damien

Damien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:I LIKE KEEPING ALL DIFFERENT KINDS OF CICHLIDS. CURRENTLY I OWN THREE OSCARS AND ONE GREEN TERROR. I HAD A MIDAS BUT HE WAS TOO AGRESSIVE TOWARDS SOME OF MY OTHER FISH SO I HAD TO GET RID OF HIM. I ALSO HAVE A KNIFE FISH AN AFRICAN BUTTERFLY FISH A BLACK LACE ANGEL FISH AND AN EIGHT YEAR OLD COMET.

Posted 18 February 2004 - 07:10 AM

I HAVE ONE GREEN TERROR IN MY 55 GAL TANK. ITS THE ONLY ONE IN THERE RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I JUST STARTED THIS TANK. I WANTED A GREEN TERROR BECAUSE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO REAL AGRESSIVE, BUT THE ONLY BAD THING IS THAT IM NOT FOR SURE WHAT OTHER TYPES OF CICHLIDS THAT I CAN PUT IN THERE WITH IT. I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THE ONES I DO DECIDE TO PUT IN THERE WILL BE ABLE TO DEFEND ITSELF. I THOUGH VERY HARD ABOUT A FRONTOSA AND MAYBE A FIREMOUTH. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS IM NOTR FOR SURE HOW BIG THESE FISH GET WHEN THEY'RE FULL GROWN AND IF THEY ALL WILL BE ABL TO PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM EACH OTHER. I READ THAT THEY ARE ALL REALLY AGRESIVE. SO DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A GOOD IDEA OR SHOULD I PICK SOME OTHER FISH TO PUT IN HERE. DOES A GREEN TERROR REALLY LIVE UP TO ITS NAME?
THANKS,
DAMIEN

Attached Files

#2 Ak-Kronic

Ak-Kronic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 10:08 AM

Oscars(my personal fav)
Firemouth(awesome fish)
Jack Dempsey(never owened one)
Red Devil(might kick everyones ass though)
Plecostomous
Pictus Catfish
Clown Loach
wouldn't recomend getting a Pacu for that tank

#3 Guest_EL PESCADOR_*

Guest_EL PESCADOR_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:30 AM

I would put in that 55 gallons tank a jack dempsey with your gt, 3 silver dollars, 2 clown loaches and one pleco, what do you think ?...

#4 Guest_josh_*

Guest_josh_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2006 - 04:54 AM

Oscars are good. My personal fav. fish. But i would reccomend a Jack Dempsey, a Plecostomus, a Red Terror, and a few feeder fish just so if they do decide to fight then they will take out the feeder fish. If they choose not to fight don't worry the feeder fish won't last long. If they do i would reccomend flushing them so that it doesn't harm your tank, with the ammonia produced. Oscars are awesome fish, but you will need a heavy duty filtration to house cichlids period , but mainly oscars. If you don't introduce the pleco immediately you will be unable to and it will be killed soon after placement. :ph34r:

#5 Josh

Josh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 08:19 AM

gt have an over exagerated name they are alot calmer than say a red devil or convicts even calmer than dempseys they just got a bad rep

#6 Guest_trvlnrose_*

Guest_trvlnrose_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:39 PM

FIN FISH INFORMATION SERVICE is a great place to find lots of info. Tell me what you think of this site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users