18 replies to this topic

#1 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 02:44 AM

We want your help to make this site the best it can be, please reply to this topic with any ideas that you have which we could impliment to make this a better place.

Thanks,

Dana

#2 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 11:35 PM

There are a ton of people coming to this site every day, like 100 per day or so and no one is posting anything! Are we doing something wrong? Please let us know so we can make this site better!

Thanks,

Dana

#3 Ariel

Ariel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 04:04 PM

The only reason I come to cichlid websites is to look at pictures and try to identify my fish. The only way I can do that on your website is to become a member, and many people arent willing to sign up to become a member because it takes time and you have to give up your email. It is just easier to find another website. You should make the website searchable for everyone, but whoever wants to talk in a message should have an account.

#4 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 04:08 PM

Actually you don't have to be a member to see the pictures. If you go to the main page...

http://cichlidzone.com/forums/

you will see a link to the old and the new gallery.

Thanks,

Dana

#5 Ariel

Ariel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 04:11 PM

You should put a link to the pictures on the tool bar up by the "help, search, members and calendar section"

#6 dmorgan

dmorgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 09:30 PM

Can members post pics? Also you may want to post in some of the other more popular forums. You can ask them to help out with this new community with their knowledge.
26 Gallon Tank
Aulonocara Maleri: (German Red full size), Stepheni Taiwan, Red Zebra, Yellow Lab, (2) Clown Loaches, Pleco, Iodotropheus sprengerae: (Rusty cichlid), Electric Blue and German Red both about 1 inch.

#7 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 10:34 PM

We would love if you posted pictures in here of your favorite fish!!!

Feel free to post them in the appropriate general discussion forum.

Thanks,

Dana

#8 gello99

gello99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 07:44 AM

i definitely like this site. maybe you can make a place for member articles. i think if you can get some people to read some articles/article headings that catch their eye, they might sign up to be a member. i will definitely post pictures to help classify some fish if that will attract other people. i can finally put my camera to good use :) i hope people will take the time to become a member. it only takes a minute and it'll be nice to build the cichlidzone community.

#9 knoxvillecichlids

knoxvillecichlids

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:35 AM

I think this site is great and more people will come join. There are a few things that you can add to help out that process.

Unidentified Cichlids Section - Where people can post there pics to get help with the identification.

Contests - Have a few monthly contests..
Have people submit their tanks and cichlids and have the members vote for the best ones.

Fish Photography - A section for members to just post thier new pictures.

I knoe that I enjoy looking at these things on a few other sites and by the voting I am sure many others do as well.

Hope that this may help you.

#10 knoxvillecichlids

knoxvillecichlids

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 09:06 AM

One more thing..Does the admin help reply to messages?
It seems to be quite a while to get a response on this web site..

#11 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 01:09 PM

I do help reply when I can, I have been very busy lately but I am more available now so I can get in here more often to help out. Thanks for all the comments!

Dana

#12 fireredfred

fireredfred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:skydiving<br>fishing<br>fishkeeping<br>cooking<br>making sweet love to my wife

Posted 20 May 2004 - 06:17 PM

The only reason I come to cichlid websites is to look at pictures and try to identify my fish. The only way I can do that on your website is to become a member, and many people arent willing to sign up to become a member because it takes time and you have to give up your email. It is just easier to find another website. You should make the website searchable for everyone, but whoever wants to talk in a message should have an account.

I thought it was fast and painless. When you come to a new site be patient and look around closly at what it has to offer. I had a great first time experience! :D
[FONT=Times][SIZE=1][COLOR=orange]Fishkeeping Addict
Chef Extrordinair

#13 Blair

Blair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 10:02 AM

I can't speek for everyone but I am quite impressed with this site. For a new site it has much to offer. :D

#14 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 01:19 PM

Thanks Blair, I think I have taken care of all the concerns here. If anyone else has any suggestions please feel free to post them here.

Dana

#15 snatched

snatched

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 05:05 PM

I think its a very nice site. Maybe, because there aren't a lot of responses to most posts, people think they're not going to get much help if they post their questions here? When I first starting looking online for information, I visted a ton of sites and never posted anything, just looked around for personal experiances and advice. The only sites I posted on were the ones I found a lot of helpful information on. I think once you get a larger database of posts and information worked up, more people will come back to the site and post there questions because they will be more confident they will get good advice.

#16 snatched

snatched

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 05:37 PM

Also, I have a question, is there a set of posting guidelines anywhere? Like an outline of what is acceptable?

#17 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 12:30 PM

1) No bashing of members, this site, or other sites.
2) No advertising or promoting other commercial sites unless you have our permission first.
3) No spam, junk messages especially but not limited to abusive language, outwar links or threatening behaviour.
4) The admins and mods have final say, they reserve the right to suspend your membership if you are suspected to be in violation of these rules.
5) This site does not store information about the users who access it, so no need to fear that your email address will be sold to anyone.

#18 Mrbigfish

Mrbigfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 12:01 PM

this is a very nice site, once I figure out all the navigational tools it'll be more fun.Keep up the good work!

#19 kamara

kamara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:45 AM

I notice that this site is set up in the same format as lovemybus.com, a vw site that I frequent daily, so creating an account in order to post was no sweat - on the other hand, the aforementioned website does not require a visitor to create an account to post. There is a 'members only ' section for more personal postings between people that know each other well on the site.
I like how easy it is to post pics on this format.
two and counting...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users