• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Grrr4200

Grrr4200

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 02:24 PM

Hi my name is Kris, im new to this forum.

I wanted to introduce myself. Im a 20 year old fish tank enthusiast and i have some questions for you guys since you obviously know what your talking about.

I have a 29 gallon set up right now, i have two live plants in it. A fern of some sort, and a Frilly leafed one. (i dont know the names im sorry) and my tank is set up to look like a salt water aquarium but with fresh water.

i want one of those bright lemon yellow cichlids to go in there. Do you think he'll be ok with my other fish?

i have Two glass fish, (1 inch long) 5 neon danios (1 inch) and a red tip black shark (1.5 inches)

now the sunny yellow cichlids ive seen are small than most others ive seen. and i want to know if one will be ok in a community tank?

id appreciate any answers to my questions:)

thank you guys so much!

-kris

#2 Guest_josh_*

Guest_josh_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2006 - 04:58 AM

sorry but your tank is not big enough to take the risk of putting a cichlid in with community fish such as neons, for when he getts bigger or maybe even now your neon's will start to disappear or die of stress. a good rulke of thumb with cichlids is to not put a cichlid in a tnak with any fish that can fit in its mouth. If you decide to get this fidh at least provide hiding for the neons. :ph34r:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users