• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Danny

Danny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 11:54 AM

Hi everyone, my name is Danny and I am from Huntsville Ontario Canada, and I am wanting to get into "Cichilds" most likely African.

Can anyone help me out to what size tank, water condition needed......Well mostly everything cause am new to cichlids. :unsure:

I hear one needs to purchase a 60 gl tank :( or higher to get started

Thanks for all the help team! :D :) :) :)

Danny

#2 mizzel

mizzel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Cichlids, kayaking, cats, photography, politics, environment, food.

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:22 PM

Hey Danny,

I've kept fish for about 10 years, and got into cichlids about a year ago. They are very rewarding fish! I got a lot of help from this website when I was first trying to figure out what to use for a setup: www.cichlidrecipe.com I started with a 30 gallon, and just moved to a 50 about 2 months ago. That's about as big as I can go in my condo...maybe it's time to get a house! More room for the fish that way. Good luck!

#3 Brian

Brian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 06:22 PM

Hey Danny, I started about 2 years ago with a 55 gallon now have a 100 gallon and love the africans now am dabling in the south and central american cichlids its lots of fun my advice dive into it and have fun any questions post on this site very helpful. Brian in Austin, Texas

#4 chris

chris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 01:53 PM

Hello, I just set up my first cichlid take. I have a few little wipper snappers in a 20gl tank. I have a 55gl that I am going to move them too as soon as they are large enough. I have 1 frontosa, 2 yellow labs, 1 cobolt blue zebra, and another little blue guy that is shaped like the lab but blue and black like the zebra. Any Ideas on what it is? also are all of these guys going to get along together when they grow up?
Thanks Chris..
Cleveland, OH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users