Green Spotted Puffer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Tana*_*

Guest_Tana*_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2005 - 12:57 PM

:unsure: I have a green spotted puffer. And I know that they are agressive.... would it be possible for me to put a snail in the tank to help keep the tank clean? Or would the puffer eat it also??? :unsure:

#2 snatched

snatched

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 03:54 AM

Usually puffers eat snails. You might want to try either really small snails (like MTS) in hopes that the puffer won't notice them.

#3 Loughlin83

Loughlin83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:24 AM

basically i am looking to get one of these guys from walmart and i need to know more info on them i've done the basic info and know that they are brackish fish and eventually need to be put in a full marine tank for now this is the set up i have and i need to know if i'm missing anything i have standard white gravel i was gonna do sand but it'd be to difficult so i got some fine grain gravel thats a nice soft bed as it says they need the tank i'm gonna start him in is a 10 gallon i'm eventually gonna upgrade him to a 30 gallon tank when i get more money and can afford to buy the tank i have a 30 gallon now but my african cichlids are in it so can't exactly put a baby gsp in there with them. i got some fake coral and a few decorations (i know not nessary but i got them anyway) the tank has a aquaclear 30 gallon filter on the tank and the tank has a tetra heater i just bought this week and a marineland light(freshwater standard bulb) and hood that fits the tank i was gonna buy insta ocean salt and i need to buy a hydrometer to keep the levels at an ok level.

i currently have a few fish in there to keep the good bacteria growing i threw in some mollies and guppies that i have left over from an old spawn i know the mollies can survive in the brackish water and actually will thrive in it but will be targeted as food which doesn't bother me at all as they were feeders for my oscar in a much larger tank. but anyway i wanna know what all do i need or am i missing from this list of things i have so that i can get it before i go pick him up on friday thanks for all the help anyone can offer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users