• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 freaky

freaky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 12:31 AM

hi guys need to know why many of my juvenile burundi size bout 2 inch just keep being dead.....my ph is around 8.2-8.5.......i only check for the ph.......total i've bought 15 burundi a month ago now only left with 5 active ones that eats n play well in the tank........... :( :(

#2 Guest_jack bishop_*

Guest_jack bishop_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2005 - 12:37 PM

you may want ot read the water comosition on frontosa's listed several places above your ad. Salt is good for frontosa's but other species my not tollerate it. (?)- is how much salt, thats why I say read above. also, Do you Keep a clean tank? these fish are semi-dirty and require water changes/ do you have a good enough filter? also, are you conditioning your water for chlorine, Nitrate so on... take a water sample to your local pet stor they should be able to diagnose any water problems.
P.S. I'm looking for a good source of Frontosa females and/or fry, best I've found is 10$ for 1in fry. If you know anyone who can do better let me know.

good luck
jack bishop
bishopjb@eckerd.edu

#3 admin

admin

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 12:46 PM

Are there any other fish in the tank?

Dana

#4 snatched

snatched

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 03:12 AM

Test your water for ammonia/nitrate/nitrite. These are more important than pH. If you don't have the necessary kits, most pet stores will test for you for free.

Other than that its pretty hard to give you any good advice, we would need more information: other tankmates, size of tank, how long its been set up, etc...

#5 dtoguin

dtoguin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:47 AM

Test your water for ammonia/nitrate/nitrite. These are more important than pH. If you don't have the necessary kits, most pet stores will test for you for free.

Other than that its pretty hard to give you any good advice, we would need more information: other tankmates, size of tank, how long its been set up, etc...

Buy a API tube test kit it will be invaluable to you and your tank water. I test my water once a week and do a water change every 4 weeks. I have a tank of 9 peacocks and my water is staying very good.

#6 damwild

damwild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:51 PM

hi guys need to know why many of my juvenile burundi size bout 2 inch just keep being dead.....my ph is around 8.2-8.5.......i only check for the ph.......total i've bought 15 burundi a month ago now only left with 5 active ones that eats n play well in the tank........... :( :(

I would check for amonia and make sure you have adequate filtration.I keep my filtration to double or half over the size of the tank.example( if you have 75 gallon.i would have a filter over 150 gallon capacity or atleast over 100 gallons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users